Recipe by teresas
I've had this recipe written down for ever...it's out of an old low carb cookbook...hubby and I love it...this would be requested every time it was my turn to bring in "Friday Breakfast" at work...hope you enjoy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Being on a low-carb diet, I was really anxious to try this recipe. I found the Muenster cheese unusual for a Southwestern recipe, but it was a nice change of pace. This is a good make-ahead recipe that reheats well. I was able to have this all week for breakfast! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter (for quiche pan)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- hot pepper sauce (several drops)
- 3 ounces diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, crumbled, fried and drained
- 1 cup muenster cheese, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, chopped (including the firm part of the green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Have ready a buttered 8-inch quiche pan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with cream, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and pour into the quiche pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.