Recipe by James Craig
This is an adapation of a recipe which appeared in Cooking Light magazine. Cooking time includes time to refrigerate ingredients and meld flavors.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1⁄4 lb jicama, cut into julienne strips
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until soft, but not mushy in microwave-about 8 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, whip dressing ingredients together in a small bowl-let stand.
- Cool potatoes in ice water, when cold, cut each potato in half and then into pieces 1/4 inch thick and place into a 2 quart bowl.
- Combine potatoes with jicama, bell pepper and cilantro.
- Add dressing and toss again.
- Refrigerate several hours to blend flavors.
- Toss again before serving.