Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe I found in a Pace Picante Sauce cookbook. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good.
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa (Pace Picante Sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cook bacon in an 8 inch skillet over medium heat until it's lightly browned.
- Heat the salsa and cumin in a 10 inch skillet over medium high heat to a boil.
- Crack the eggs and add to the skillet one at a time. Reduce the heat to low. Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and keep them warm.
- Add the cream cheese to the skillet. Cook and stir until the cheese melts.
- Top each muffin half with 1 slice bacon and 1 egg. Divide the salsa mixture among the egg sandwiches and sprinkle with the cilantro.
Made for Photo Tag. I think I boo-booed on the egg cooking method and fried them separate...oh well my son loved it anyway.I used thick-sliced pumpernickel because I also thought I had english muffins and everything was ready so I had to improvise.
The instructions to this recipe are easy to follow. I made half of the recipe last night. I added a little water (1/8 cup) to the salsa in *step 2* so my egg would cook without cooking the salsa dry. I think you could cut the sauce in half because it makes so much. I heaping tablespoonful onto the finished product would do. For myself personally I'll cut the cream cheese back by half too. Made for *Zaar Tag* game 2008