First - This recipe has no buttermilk - My father invented this in the 50s playing the Texas/New Mexico border towns as a musician. It's perfect for summer and perfect for gatherings. Might think about getting a second pitcher though, because once you make them, they go quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can pink lemonade, frozen
- 8 ounces sauza silver tequila
- 1 (5 lb) bag ice cubes
- 1 (6 ounce) container pink cocktail sugar
- 1Place contents of can into regular size blender, add tequila (2/3 of a can), pack with ice cubes.
- 2Blend on high, gently rocking mixer to move ice to bottom.
- 3Blend at least 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until color has lightened to a lighter pink.
- 4Rim frozen margarita or martini glasses with cocktail sugar.
- 5Pour and serve.
- 6You can make a couple pitchers ahead of time and put them in the freezer quickly, and just re-blend when the party starts.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Border Buttermilk
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: