Recipe by hollyfrolly
This exciting recipe is the world-famous, Thomas Keller's version of this fantastic sauce. Recipe found in May-June edition of Veranda magazine.
- 14.79 ml shallot, finely chopped
- 28.34 g mushroom, button, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, small, peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, small, peeled and diced
- 2.46 ml parsley, chopped
- 0.25 ml fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf, small
- 118.29 ml cabernet sauvignon wine
- 354.88 ml veal stock (available frozen at specialty food stores)
- 0.25 ml black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, sweat mushrooms, garlic, carrot and shallots until soft.
- Add parsley, thyme bay leaf and wine and cook- stirring- until all liquid evaporates (do NOT boil!).
- Add veal stock and continue cooking. Stir constantly until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add peppercorns and continue to reduce until sauce is of desired consistency.
- Strain through sieve. Discard solids.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Divide sauce among 8 plates and place one grilled rib-eye steak on top of sauce.
- Savor the flavor!