This exciting recipe is the world-famous, Thomas Keller's version of this fantastic sauce. Recipe found in May-June edition of Veranda magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 ounce mushroom, button, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, small, peeled and crushed
- 1 carrot, small, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf, small
- 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 1/2 cups veal stock (available frozen at specialty food stores)
- 1 pinch black peppercorns
- 1In a small pot, sweat mushrooms, garlic, carrot and shallots until soft.
- 2Add parsley, thyme bay leaf and wine and cook- stirring- until all liquid evaporates (do NOT boil!).
- 3Add veal stock and continue cooking. Stir constantly until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4Add peppercorns and continue to reduce until sauce is of desired consistency.
- 5Strain through sieve. Discard solids.
- 6Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 7Divide sauce among 8 plates and place one grilled rib-eye steak on top of sauce.
- 8Savor the flavor!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bordelaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: