Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful sauce for any steak or even pot roasts.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, garlic, and carrots.
- Sauté for 5 minutes or until limp but not brown.
- Add the broth, sherry, and lemon juice.
- Heat until almost boiling.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over low flame for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and add to the sauce.
- Stir until thickened.
- Serve with your favorite steak or pot roasts.