Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a short-cut for demi-glace or espagnole made with beef gravy or brown gravy. It is called Bordeaux, but any dry red wine will suffice.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef gravy or 1⁄2 cup beef gravy
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add shallots and cook about 30 seconds while stirring. Add wine and cook until reduced by about 1/2.
- Add brown gravy and cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Swirl in remaining tablespoon butter and serve.
I used a can of rosbif gravy (but only 1/2 cup). I used merlot dry red wine. The sauce is very easy to do. Very tasty. We all liked it even my son whch surprised me because of the wine. But I didn't tell him there was wine. Thanks threeovens :) Made for ZWT8 for the Diners, Winers and Chives.