Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a variation of a dish I love. It makes a great dip when yogurt cheese is substituted for regular yogurt.
- 1 kg fresh spinach
- 250 g yogurt
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- black pepper
- Wash spinach and cut into small pieces.
- Fry onions and garlic in oil until slightly golden.
- Add spinach and fry together over medium heat until cooked.
- Let it cool down completely in the refrigerator.
- Add salt and pepper to yogurt to taste and beat well until the yogurt is a free-flowing liquid.
- Add spinach to yogurt and mix well.
- The mix should be thick and homogeneous.
- I have substitued yogurt cheese with yummy results!
I used Greek yogurt. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! This is NOT an American dip. I you want something different try this, you'll love it! My husband likes it with cayenne for heat.
Good. I added amounts of ingredients to taste using baby spinach, Balkan yogurt, regular cooking onion, half the amount of optional garlic, canola oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Made for Visiting Iran(Persia) in June 2012!
I made this to use as a dip for my grandson's wedding shower,but did not care for it much,so made a different dip,I probably will not make this again. Darlene Summers