Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great summer soup
- 1⁄2 lb borage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 ounces pearl barley
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cream or 2 tablespoons yogurt
- salt and pepper
- borage fresh edible flower
- In a large pot combine the barley the barley and stock, and cook until tender.
- In a small sauce pan, cook the borage leaves in the butter until they are tender.
- Add the leaves to the stock and boil again, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Pour the stock mixture into a blender and blend till smooth, then reheat and serve.
- Top with cream or yogurt and sprinkle with the brilliant blue borage flowers.