Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made an othe batch of my Borage Jelly http://www.food.com/recipe/borage-jelly-381762 and added cucumber to bring out the cucumber in the borage and ginger for a kick. Nice on finger sandwiches. The leaves of the borage has hints of cucumber and the beautiful starflowers have hints of honey. This will lift up your spirits because it helps with depression and anxiety
- 6 cups borage leaves, fresh picked after due is gone (and flowers)
- 1 cucumber, juiced and pulp discarded
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, juiced equaling 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 tablespoons lemons
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Soak 6 cups of borage leaves and mint leave if using and flowers parts in a 3 cups of cold water overnight in the refrigerator, drain and strain, pressing the liquid out of the leaves and flowers gently.
- Measure 3 cups of the liquid, 1 cup cucumber juice and the 2 tablespoons fresh ginger juice, lemon juice, and pectin.
- Put into a deep jelly kettle and bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar and stir to mix well.
- Stir and boil hard for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture sheets from a wooden spoon, skim, pour into hot clean 1/2 pint jelly jars. Seal the a water bath accordingly.
- Makes approximately 6-7 1/2 pints jars.