Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I started making my basic Borage Jelly Borage Jelly this year and decided to use one home grown cucumber to bring out the cucumber flavor of the borage. Nice for wedding shower brunch on finger sandwiches. Use as a sweetener add to hot tea serve hot or cool tea and add ice to serve cooled.
- 6 cups borage leaves (and flowers)
- 1 cucumber, juiced pulp discarded
- 2 tablespoons lemons
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Soak 6 cups of borage leaves and mint leave if using and flowers parts in a 3 cups of cold water overnight in the refrigerator, drain and strain, pressing the liquid out of the leaves and flowers gently.
- Measure 3 cups of the liquid, 1 cup cucumber juice, add the lemon juice, and pectin.
- Put into a deep jelly kettle and bring to a rolling boil, then add sugar and stir to mix well.
- Stir and boil hard for 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture sheets from a wooden spoon, skim, pour into hot clean 1/2 pint jelly jars. You can add borage flowers to the jelly for garnish.
- Seal the a water bath accordingly.
- Makes 7 1/2 pint jars.