Recipe by mollypaul
Borage flowers and leaves are edible. Because it is a tonic plant for the adrenal glands, borage provides an invaluable support for a stressful lifestyle. Borage is rich in minerals, especially potassium. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup borage, leaves (young and fresh, chopped finely)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cucumbers thinly.
- Salt lightly and set aside in a colander for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, add the cucumbers to the mixture, and toss lightly.
- Garnish with borage blossoms.
- Chill for one hour before serving.