Recipe by PollyB
These turned out just lovely, a big hit with the crowd.
Top Review by Bergy
My Sat. Night burger was enjoyed very much. Love the pinapple with teryaki & ginger. I confess not to doing the tater gems but did my old standby of Baking Stone Oven Fries. also served Portobello mushrooms on the side. Thanks Polly great recipe
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb frozen frozen tater tots (about 4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices canned pineapple
- 4 slices red onions
- 4 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In large bowl mix 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce and the ginger to blend thoroughly; add beef and mix to blend thoroughly.
- Form into 4 patties 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook potato nuggets as package directs, baking for 15 to 17 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mix the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, the ketchup and pepper flakes to make sauce for burgers and potatoes; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat pan fry burgers to desired doneness, tuning once.
- On bottoms of buns layer burgers, pineapple and onion slices and lettuce.
- Cover with bun tops.
- Serve sauce with potato nuggets and burgers.