- 2 idaho potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced and slowly cooked in
- olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced and slowly caramelized
- 10 free-range eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the eggs and caramelized onions and blend with a hand-blender. Season with salt.
- In a 10-inch non-stick pan, heat up 2 tbsp olive oil until it skates easily across the pan. Add the slowly cooked potatoes and cook again, this time until lightly golden, stirring constantly.
- Add the egg mixture to cover the potatoes and reduce the heat. Using a rubber spatula, pull the edges of the egg away from the pan gently to allow the egg to cook evenly. When the egg has reached a nice golden brown color, place a plate on top of the pan and flip the Tortilla. Clean the pan with a paper towel and return to the stove.
- Increase the heat to medium high and slip the tortilla back into the pan. Cook for three minutes, or until the tortilla is golden brown, then reduce the heat and cook another 5 minutes until the center is just set. Slice into wedges and serve.