Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like the first name better, but you may want to call it the second when company is around. By request, from cookbooks.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 pint blackberries or 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry
- Beat cream creese and sour cream in small mixing bowl at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Blend in sugar, liqueur and cream.
- Chill well.
- Place berries in individual serving dishes: top with cream cheese sauce.
A wonderful, light, dessert. We had this delightful dish after a spicy meal, and it was a perfect compliment. Simple and easy to make, and no cooking, so I could concentrate on other dishes. Blackberries were the berry of choice and it looked fabulous, and tasted dreamy. Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
This is one of my favorite desserts, especially in the summer when berries are fresh (and cheap). A friend gave me the recipe about 15 years ago after she served it at a Fourth of July party. She used parfait glasses and did a layer of each (blueberries, sauce, strawberries) which made a pretty red, white and blue dessert.