Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by my friend Aeire (author of webcomics "Queen of Wands" and "Punch an' Pie").
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup bailey's irish cream (or other liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (semi-sweet or dark)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 325°F Liberally spray a springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Pack mixture into bottom of pan, going about 1" up the sides. Bake 7 minutes, until light brown.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in work bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment until smooth. Add sugar and beat, again until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time; mix until fully incorporated before adding the next. Add the Bailey's and mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Sprinkle half the chips into the crust, then pour the filling on top. Sprinkle the remaining chips over the top of the filling. Bake 1 hour and 20 minutes until the top is golden brown. Turn off oven and crack the oven door; allow the cake to cool completely in the warm oven before refrigerating.
- If using the topping, whip the cream until thick, then add sugar and coffee and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread over the top of the cold cake after removing it from the springform pan.