Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pat Neely, co-owner of Neely's Bar-B-Que restaurant chain and costar of Down Home With the Neelys with his wife, Gina
- 1⁄3 cup brandy (or apple cider)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, golden and regular
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 bosc pears, peeled, cut in half and cored
- Place first five ingredients in a small saucepot. Heat until warmed through, swirl the pan to coat the dried fruit, and set aside to soak.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, crumble the butter into the mixture until it forms a slightly moist crumb topping.
- Fill each pear with some of the mixture.
- Place the pears in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; pour the brandy mixture evenly over the pears. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375°F
- Uncover, gently flip the pears upside down—it's fine if some of the mixture falls out of the center. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Transfer the pears to serving bowls; spoon the juices and fruit over.
- For added flair, serve each pear with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt or sprinkle with lime zest!