Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my husband's favorite apple crisp. I got this recipe from my friend Phyllis. She just called it apple crisp, but my husband named it Boozey Apple Crisp when he heard what was in it. It is simple and delicious. I always double the topping at the request of my husband.
- 5 cups sliced apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Grand Marnier (1 jigger)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Amaretto (1 jigger)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9 x13 greased casserole dish place apples, sprinkle with cinnamon lemon peel, orange peel, and both liquors. Toss to coat apples.
- Mix topping. Spread on top and bake at 350°F for 45 min-1 hour.