Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hello, Everyone. My name is Amy and I'm addicted to booze-flavored food. I can't help myself. This recipe is one from my gourmet class and GOD HELP ME it's good. I could eat it with a spoon. The funny thing about it, though, is that it really doesn't matter what flavor booze you use, they're all so delicious. We made this with rum, whiskey, and even flavored vodka. And I don't like vodka! It smells like rubbing alcohol to me. Again, I don't drink booze straight up and appreciate the result of the flavor and the evaporation of the "drunk"-making qualities of the alcohol.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup rum (..whatever flavor you want!) or 1⁄4 cup whiskey (..whatever flavor you want!) or 1⁄4 cup vodka (..whatever flavor you want!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a non-stick saucepan, heat 2 cups milk, alcohol, and sugar.
- When hot, add, cornstarch, eggs, and butter.
- Cook until thickened, cool completely.
- Fill cream puffs with cooled custard.
What a great way to liven up cream puffs. I too love the flavor of alcohol in desserts. Suggest you try sherry too - then it tastes like an English trifle. Thanks for submitting.