Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 hrs
I love all different types of booze balls, this one looks interesting. Cooking time is inactive!!!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies (about 1/2 a 9-ounce box)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pitted prune (about 15 prunes)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar, for garnish
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on medium power for a minute. Stir and repeat until the chocolate melts, about 3 minutes in all depending on the power of your microwave. Alternatively, put the chocolates in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring a saucepan filled with 1-inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl on the pan (without touching the water). Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Process the cookies in a food processor until finely ground (you should have about 1 1/2 cups ground cookies). Alternatively, put cookies inside a heavy re-sealable plastic bag and crush by moving a rolling pin over the cookies.
- Stir the cookie crumbs, dried plums, confectioners' sugar, bourbon or brandy, and condensed milk into the chocolate until evenly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture until firm enough to roll into balls, about 45 minutes. Scoop a tablespoon or so of the mixture into small balls with a cookie or small ice cream scoop and set onto a baking sheet or a large plate. Roll each portion by hand into a smooth ball.
- Store booze balls in an air tight container at room temperature for a day to allow the flavors to come together. Store balls in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, put the sugar on a plate and roll the balls in it to coat. Serve at room temperature.