Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a newspaper several years ago. I never cared for baked beans until I tried this recipe. Now it's a regular at our house.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons catsup
- Fry bacon till crisp, then crumble and set aside.
- Remove all of the bacon grease from the pan except for 1 tablespoon.
- Sauté chopped onion in the bacon grease till tender.
- Add 2 cans of Pork & beans, brown sugar, catsup, and crumbled bacon.
- Stir and cook till heated through.