Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
No sugar, no white flour, and no fat - yet light and moist. There's no excuse for saying no!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup kefir or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine wet ingredients; mix until light and homogeneous.
- With a wooden spoon, incorporate dry ingredients into the wet ones.
- Spoon into mini-muffin pans and bake at 325F (see note) for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before removing from moulds.
- NOTE: I baked these in a convection toaster oven, baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted for a conventional oven.