Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Recipes+ Magazine. Great to have on hand for a quick healthy breakfast. Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days (store in an airtight container), or frozen.
- 250 g applesauce
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats (do not use instant)
- 2⁄3 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a 26 x 16cm baking pan. Line with baking paper.
- Place apple sauce, fruit, sugar and all seeds in a bowl, mix to combine.
- Add oats, flour, coconut and eggs. Mix to combine.
- Place mixture in baking pan, use a flat bladed knife or spatula to spead evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked and golden.
- Turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Cut into 8 piecec. Wrap in baking paper, then plastic wrap to store.
These are addictive lil' things. I love em. I made a very simple glace icing to lightly drizzle over the top, just to make them apealling to the kids. They went down well with everyone :D Thanks for this one, its a great healthy snack.