Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
simple tasty raita
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 100 g gram flour (Besan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (jeera)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- oil, to fry
- Add water to gram flour and mix well to spreading consistency.
- Add salt & beat till becomes light. Heat oil & pass the paste through draining spoon. Fry till golden & crisp.
- Stir the curd with hand mixer(mathani).
- Add boondi and mix gently. If it becomes thick add little milk and mix it.
- Now add salt, cumin powder and chili powder, mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Keep in refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve boondi raita chilled.