Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's yummy.... Bangladeshi food
- 2 1⁄2 cups gram flour (not superfine variety)
- 500 ml milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 cups ghee (for deep frying)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops saffron, colour
- for boondi:-.
- Mix flour and milk to a smooth batter.
- Heat ghee in a heavy frying pan.
- Hold a fine holed shallow strainer spoon on top with one hand. With the other pour some batter all over the holes. Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot ghee.
- Stir with another strainer and remove when light golden.
- Keep aside. Repeat for remaining batter. Immerse boondi in syrup.For syrup see note below.
- Drain any excess syrup. Spread in a large plate. Sprinkle few teaspoons hot water over it.
- Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- Shape in laddoos (like meat balls) with moist palms.
- Cool and keep open to dry, before storing in containers.
- for syrup :-.
- Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil. When sugar dissolves, add milk. .
- Boil for 5 minutes till dirt forms on top.
- Strain and return to fire.
- Add colour and boil till sticky but no thread has formed.
- Add cardamom powder and mix.