My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You also need a perforated flat spoon about 5" diameter.
- 2Boil the sugar and water together.
- 3Add a tablespoon of milk to bring up the scum.
- 4Remove scum and boil liquid till the syrup is sticky between the fingers.
- 5Keep aide, but keep warm for use.
- 6Make batter with gram flour, which should not be too thin.
- 7The batter should evenly coat the back of a spoon when dipped in it.
- 8Heat ghee, hold perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee, pour some batter on the spoon.
- 9Tap very lightly at edge of spoon to allow small droplets to fall in the ghee.
- 10Pour back remaining batter and wipe spoon.
- 11Stir the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown.
- 12Drain and put into the syrup.
- 13Keep for 3-4 minutes before draining from the syrup.
- 14Spread on a wide plate, add cardamom powder, almonds and mix gently.
- 15Cool completely and loosen the boondi with finger till each droplet separates.
- 16Store in airtight container.
- 17Note: Take great care while dropping the boondi in the hot ghee so as not to burn yourself.
- 18A little practice and it is very easy.
Nutritional Facts for Boondi
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g