Recipe by BOOMBAMBONBON!
This recipe is one of the first recipes I learned to make. When I was little, my mother would make fried rice like once a week and apparently I sort of realized/figured out how she made it as I grew older. I usually use whatever i have in my kitchen... Random veggies, random poultry, random everything! ENJOY! (: I normally use shrimp, ham, chicken, peas, corn, carrots, peppers, eggs, and etc.
Top Review by Susie D
I love fried rice & enjoyed this version! It is well seasoned with bolder flavors so was perfect for us. I elected to omit the chicken bouillon (trying to cut the sodium). I threw in a handful of frozen mixed vegetables for color and topped with cilantro. Served with egg rolls for Spring 2011 Pick A Chef.
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder (Recommended ( Knorr chicken broth powder )
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (about 3-5 tbsp. eyeball it )
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (USE X.O SAUCE! You can find these ingredients in your local asian market or store )
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I use saracha. )
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth (may sound weird but it helps )
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 green onions or 1 scallion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- pepper (to taste )
- vegetable oil
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- cilantro (for garnish ) or parsley (for garnish )
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all your sauces, broth, and seasoning in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in your wok/pan at medium heat. Cook your vegetables and poultry to your liking. I prefer it 7 mins for cooking them. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop your onions and garlic. Place them in the wok/pan. Cook for 3 more minutes Place your mixture into a large bowl.
- Crack your eggs into the wok/pan. Stir to scramble and mix the whites with the yolks. This might take 3-5 minutes Remove from heat and place into that large bowl with the rest of your mixture.
- Put a little bit more oil into your wok/pan and add your rice. Stir occasionally until the rice can seperate from each other. May take a while --
- Add in your sauce over the rice and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in your mixture and cook for another 10 minutes The rice will soak in your broth.
- Place onto plates or bowls and garnish with some scallions, cilantro, and parsley. Serve hot and enjoy! (:.