1/1 Photo of Boom Boom Sauce
Chef #1359627's Note:
I have been trying to replicate "Chuy's Boom Boom Sauce" for months. I was complaining to a friend that I couldn't get it right. She said, "Chicken. Try cream of chicken soup." That was it! Use more or less serrano and jalapeno peppers according to your desired heat level. The consistency is great for a sauce. If you want to eat it as a dip, use the flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 bell peppers (red and orange)
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 -2 serrano pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 (4 ounce) can hot chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (11 ounce) can crushed tomatillos
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb American cheese
- chicken stock
- 1Seed and dice peppers, garlic, and cilantro.
- 2Saute peppers and garlic in pot with a splash of chicken stock.
- 3Add soup, cilantro, green chilies, and tomatillos to the pot.
- 4Cook until warm.
- 5Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
- 6Move mixture back to the pot and add cheese.
- 7Cook until cheese melted through.
- 8Serve warm.
- 9For thicker Boom Boom:.
- 10Sift 1-2T flour into blender with sauce.
- 11Blend until smooth.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boom Boom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 642.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g