This is best made with Irish soda bread, and there are several good soda bread recipes here at Recipezaar. Or, though less authentic, you can substitute a good hoagie roll.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices irish soda bread
- 3 ounces thinly sliced baked limerick ham (recipe ID # 20102)
- 1 ounce thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 1/2-2 ounces sliced Irish farmhouse cheese (havarti, which tastes vaguely similar, may be used)
- iceberg lettuce
- fresh tomato, sliced
Red Wine Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1---To Make The Vinaigrette---.
- 2Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- 3Shake before using.
- 4Refrigerated, the vinaigrette will last for about a week.
- 5---To Make The Sandwich---.
- 6Toast the bread or bun under a broiler until light golden brown.
- 7On one slice of the bread, or one half of the hoagie roll, layer the Limerick ham, then the pepperoni, and then the cheese.
- 8Return to the broiler and broil until the cheese is melted.
- 9Remove from the broiler, sprinkle with vinaigrette to taste, and top with lettuce, tomato and the other bread slice or roll half.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bookmaker's Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1753.3
- Calories from Fat 1619
- Total Fat 179.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1882.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
irish soda bread
Irish farmhouse cheese