Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted by request; this is from an old arts and crafts recipe book. I've used it for making cardboard and cloth/paper book projects with the kids, though I haven't tried to repair actual books with it so can't vouch for that. According to the recipe, it is excellent for binding leather to leather and is a flexible glue for paper or gluing cloth to cardboard, etc. This makes about 1/3 cup; you can double it for larger projects.
- Add gelatin to boiling water; stir until completely dissolved.
- Add vinegar and glycerin; mix well.
- Apply thinly with a brush while glue is still warm.
- Store in airtight glass or plastic containter; will keep for several months.
- Will'gel' after a few days, just warm in hot water to reuse.