Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A different way to serve up stew meat.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix (Lipton)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- Mix sauce in slow cooker.
- Add meat, carrots and mushrooms.
- Stir to coat meat with sauce.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 8 hours.
Loved your "Boogie Woogie Beef Tips", Audrey M.!! Very easy to toss together. I used beef bouillon and water instead of wine, and added broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to the mix. Served over noodles and it gave us a jolly-good dinner. Sure appreciate you posting a keeper. Laudee C.
Excellent flavor and easy to make. I did have to use beef broth instead of red wine. Great over mashed potatoes.
This was a huge disappointment. I was so excited after reading all of the positive reviews, but this was not something I would ever make again. The flavor was definitely lacking in something, even with added garlic and salt. I made it with the red wine as described, and added some sour cream at the end as others suggested, but it was still barely edible.