Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Extremely moist and tasty fruitcake. Can be eaten the same day you bake it. This can also be seasoned for weeks but extremely wonderful without adding more Bourbon than it already has!
- pan release spray
- 2 cups candied fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (Firmly Packed)
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cover the Fruit/Raisins with Bourbon in a jar or small bowl, cover tightly and set aside for at least one week. The color of the fruit will fade after a couple of days.
- Spray large Bundt pan or Angel Food Cake pan with Pam flour release spray and set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter, sugars until mixed well and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla Extract, Almond Extract Sourdough starter, and blend well.
- Add Eggs and beat well at least 3 minutes.
- Pour Bourbon and Fruit into the mixture and blend about one minute on low speed.
- In a medium bowl sift together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Allspice, Cloves.
- Chop pecans into large pieces then mix with ½ Cup Flour in a small container and set aside.
- Add dry spice mixture into the large bowl and carefully blend until creamy.
- Fold in floured pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 275°F approximately 2 hours.
- Test the Cake with a knife; make sure it comes out dry. Check every 15 minutes past 2 hours so that it doesn’t become overcooked.
- Wait at least 20 minutes before turning out of the pan.
- Let Cool at least 1 hour before cutting.