Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Um, OK ... A silly name I made up because I wanted to hear my 2 yo say it, and my hubby say, 'WHAT THE ...? With a look of confusion upon his face. They are really banana piklets
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix together 2 cups self raising flour.
- 1/2 cup sugar.
- 1 egg.
- 1 cup water.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash banana and add to batter a mix in until smooth.
- Add butter to frying pan (skillet), not too much though, let it get hot.
- Place 1/4 cup of batter in pan and when it has bubbles on the top, flip it over and cook the other side.
We enjoyed the banana-cinnamon combo for a weekend breakfast. I substituted the water with milk for my little DDs. I used a really brown banana so my pancakes were very flavorful. Thanks for sharing.
These banana pikelets had a nice flavor. I garnished them with a little powdered sugar. I enjoyed these pikelets but wasn't expecting them to be quite so dense. They were quick and easy to make, thank you for sharing your recipe.
Yummy! These smelled amazing while cooking - and DH ate all but four of the entire batch. We will be making these again :)