Recipe by NorthwestGal
I found this recipe on the recipegoldmine website. It was submitted by GayleL, which she attributes the original source as Steven Brummer with Red Robin Restaurants. The Bonzai Burger is my favorite burger when we go to that restaurant. I have also broiled the beef patties with equal success, so you can still have your favorite burger even when rainy weather makes grilling impossible.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This burger is so good and tastes like the ones at Red Robin!! I used recipe#397183 for the sauce and made as written. It was juicy, drippy-messy just like the original! Will be making these again!! Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce (divided into 2 separate bowls)
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded lettuce (I use Romaine leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape ground beef into a round burger patty. Marinate the burger patty in bowl #1 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Marinate pineapple ring in bowl # 2 of teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes.
- Remove burger patty and grill on high heat to desired doneness. Melt cheese on top of patty while still on grill pan by covering with lid.
- Grill pineapple ring on medium heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayo on both halves of the bun.
- On bottom bun, place tomato slices, followed by the broiled hamburger patty with cheese (tomato on the bottom!).
- On top of burger patty, stack the pineapple ring and shredded lettuce.
- Put the two together and you've got a signature Red Robin Bonzai Burger.