Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
THIS is what I'm known for! When folks come to my house, they look forward to the salsa....: ) The secret is in the limes!!!
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl, (remove tomato sauce from can first) Refrigerate to allow flavors to marry for 1 hour.
- Alter salt, garlic, jalapenos and cayenne to taste.
- I tend to make it mild for all of the whimps I have to cook for, but I LOVE it spicy!!
- If available in your area, enjoy this salsa with Tostito Chile& Lime Tortilla chips!
Oh.... my.. GAWD.... This is SALSA NIRVANA!!! I've never tasted anything like this in my life. I made it for a party, and people were practically tackling each other to get to it! I had to make another batch! Not super hot, but you could "kick it up a notch" with more jalapeno if you wanted, I suppose. VERY tart and citrus-laced. Lots of body, color, and visual appeal. Try it on burgers, chili, almost anything!!! Bonstr, whoever you are, BOTTLE THIS STUFF!!! You'll be rich.
Holy cow! This salsa is defintely "Awesome". Never mind the chips...I could eat this with a spoon! Yum
I've been looking for the perfect salsa recipe and feel like this is it. Maybe it's the lime's (as Bonstr says) or the fresh Missouri Roma tomatoes....either way, this salsa is great. Try it. McCool PS: I add a little cilantro (just personal taste)!