Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I made this up playing around last year. Nice & easy ! Pumpkin Ale is only available Oct.-early Dec. I take the apples and make homemade applesauce to go with. The shoestring apples make a nice little nest next to the pork. The au jus is sweet with a touch of spice & the pork comes out fork tender.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1.5-3 lb-depends on how many people for dinner)
- garlic flavored cooking spray (Pam)
- 3 -4 shakes Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 3 -4 sprays of roasted garlic spray
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle pumpkin ale
- 1⁄4 cup brown Sugar Twin
- 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 shakes cinnamon
- apple peels from 4 apple (shoe string sized from my apple peeler)
- use the apples to make homemade applesauce
- Spray a frying pan with the garlic flavored cooking spray & brown the pork tenderloin on all sides to seal the meat.
- Place pork in the crockpot. Spray with roasted garlic spray & sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.
- Pour bottle of Pumpkin Ale over.
- Add sugar twin, Splenda, & apple peels. Sprinkle some cinnamon over.
- Cover & cook on high for 1 hours.
- Turn to low & cook until tender. (approx. 2-3 hrs.).
- (I've also cooked this all day on just low.).
- Slice & serve with a drizzle of the au jus over with a little stack of the apple peels. I also add a little dish of au jus for dipping.