Recipe by BerrySweet
Shredded poached buffalo sauce soaked chicken topped with a layer of ranch and cream cheese baked with celery and monterey jack on top. Great for parties! Got this from the web some time ago. Similar to some other recipes posted here, but we like this version best.
Top Review by Jules127
This was a great dip but somewhat hard to eat. Next time I will mix the hot sauce soaked chicken with the cream cheese/ranch layer. Our friends had a hard time "breaking" through the top of the cheese and were only getting the creamy layer before I used a spoon to just mix it all up.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, boiled, drained & shredded with two forks
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleof original Frank's red hot sauce (do not use Tabasco)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine shredded chicken and Frank's Hot Sauce and spread in the bottom of a 13" x 9" pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and ranch dressing, stirring until smooth and hot. Pour this mixture over chicken forming a second layer.
- Sprinkle celery on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then sprinkle cheese on top and bake another 15-20 minutes until hot & bubbly (do not let it get browned or it will be hard).
- Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips.