Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I never met Bonnie but I've been making her meatloaf for years! Serve with her glaze on top - or your favourite tomato or mushroom sauce. Add some garlic mashed potatoes & a green vegetable for a great weeknight family dinner. Leftovers (if there are any) make a good sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Cook onions& garlic until tender; reserve.
- Combine eggs with milk& bread crumbs.
- Add onion mixture& remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press into a 9" x 5" loaf pan& cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for an hour.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drain off any fat from meatloaf& brush glaze on top.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, uncovered.
Ok! you won't believe this but, I have reached here without my mouse (it gave way and I had to use only the keyboard) to rate this recipe. Need I say more! We really liked it the only additions I made are green peppers chopped,some ginger, some cumin powder and red chilli powder. (We like the spice) My DH said that this is the best meatloaf he has had and I have made!!! I served it with vegetable pulao and my son ate two three morsels of the the rice and shifted focus only on the meatloaf. Can't wait to try out the other meatloaf recipes listed in your name! Have kept some aside for tiffin too!! Thanks:) Fay P.S. I replaced English Mustard mixed with the mince instead of the Dijon (which is not avlbl) and Dry mustard in the glace as per your advive and it worked well! Thanks:)
Marg, we just loved this meatloaf. I made it to take advantage of a sale on ground sirloin and wanted to make something where I wouldn't have to go out and buy a lot of extra ingredients. It baked up nice and firm and was easy to slice. DH asked for seconds and he hardly ever does that (unless it's dessert - lol!) We are taking meatloaf sandwiches for our lunches tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!