Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
Rhubarb is not one of my favorite things to eat but we have some very old plants that produce like crazy. Apparently it isn't something you see a lot of anymore because people are always stopping by our house and asking if they can have some. I mean people we don't even know. I have been told that this is a great pie when you substitute the blueberries with strawberries. You can use fresh or frozen Rhubarb and blueberries in this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and blueberries.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Sprinkle over the fruit toss lightly.
- Line a 9" pie plate with pastry. Add filling.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with a lattice crust, made from second pie crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.