Recipe by K-Jon Chef
My mother gave me a link to this recipe and I love it. It is 'Old School Italian"!! It is pronounced "bun-yet." The ingredients involved create a very unique and tasty accompaniment for crusty warm bread. You must let it rest in the icebox over night! I read that it is really good on tomato salad, fish, and poultry. Thanks Mom, have fun!
Top Review by Sabrosita
What a sensation this appetizer has made! It is delicious, tho I used anchovy paste rather than whole anchovies. It makes a good flavor condiment too for pasta with vegetables (my neighbor raved on about that). I had people literally grab my arm at a party and say they HAD to have the recipe. It's so refreshing on bread or toasted garlic baguette. What a winner!
- 4 cups packed fresh parsley, finely chopped (2 bunches )
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil