Cindy in PA.'s Note:
This is as good as Knorrs classic spinach dip.I think once this recipe gets around,it could be as popular.Well maybe...Serve with vegetables,crackers, melba toast.rye toast.Great for low carb diets,as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (soft)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (drained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (1 ounce) packages hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 8 slices American cheese (cut in pieces)
- 8 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1Add first six ingredients in microwave safe glass bowl. Mix well.
- 2Heat on high two minutes and mix again.
- 3Continue heating on low to medium heat until hot.
- 4Add shredded colby- jack mixture. You could substitute different cheeses,such as cheddar.
- 5Heat until hot and cheese melts.
- 6Note: You can also use beaters to mix ingredients.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bongo Dip
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1145.9
- Calories from Fat 895
- Total Fat 99.5 g
- Saturated Fat 62.4 g
- Cholesterol 290.0 mg
- Sodium 1309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix