Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This works for both Halloween and Talk Like a Pirate day. From allrecipes. Note rising time.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, confectioners' sugar, baking powder, and ground cloves. Add beaten eggs and almond extract; mix well.
- Roll dough into 1/2 inch balls and place firmly on a well greased cookie sheet.
- Cover cookies with a tea towel and let stand over night. Cookies will rise and spread.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.