Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Doughnut recipe from Guam. These are NOT sweet doughnuts. For a sweeter variation dust with cinnamon and sugar. These doughnuts are perfect with your early morning coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut milk (Canned can be sweetened)
- Mix ingredients until it comes together to form dough.
- Roll on a board with a rolling pin until 1/3 inch thick then cut into long strips about a half inch apart, then cutting it into diamonds.
- Preheat oil in deep frying pan then place diamond shape dough into it, turning occasionally until dough is golden brown.
- Remove, let cool on brown paper bags or paper towels.
- When cool dust with powdered sugar or regular granulated sugar.
Worked great for us! We made them round with a biscuit cutter and dusted them with cinnamon sugar. Delicious!!!!