Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really easy recipe that sounds disgusting from the ingredients listed but tastes wonderful! Great over rice or pasta.
- 1 lb flank steaks (or whatever boneless meat you like) or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or whatever boneless meat you like)
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- oil, for frying
- Cut meat into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in wok or frying pan.
- Add meat, cook until browned.
- Add onions and garlic, cook until onions are soft.
- Add tomato paste and stir until everything is coated nicely.
- Add coffee and stir until dark shiny brown color develops.
- Pour in Coke and add cumin seeds.
- Cover and simmer ten minutes.