1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Peter Wendt's Note:
I had frozen chicken and crashed the pantry to see what I had on hand..... We make Mexican and Asian food all the time, so I had ingredients on hand I've done this and variations of this cubed wrapped in foil on the grill, marinated overnight in fridge, cubed in a wok for all told, about 10 times. every variation turns out great..using the black bean garlic with chicken for us you cannot go wrong... My Kids like spicy... I made this recipe for you' all with the "spicy" being optional. The taste of this dish reminds me of being at a Asian restaurant, with Mexican guitar music playing.... really!!!! it does sound bad I guess....It's worth the time believe me. You should see our pantry.... all kinds of sounds emit from it.... all trying to get into a dish of mine. Watch your second part bake time.. If you are looking for a "set it and forget it" 30min meal look for other venues at recipzaar.. If you are willing to test drive this baby your family or friends will be singing your praises. That's what makes the effort pay off.. happy cooking!!! PW
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 lb) bag frozen boneless chicken thighs (sam's club)
- 1 (13 ounce) jar lee kum kee black bean garlic sauce
- 1 bottle michelob tm ultra beer (low carbs)
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 (10 ounce) can ro-tel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red chili paste (optional)
- 1preheat oven 295 adjust rack to center slot for first hour bake time 375 for last 30-45 min excluding chicken & diced tomatoes combine and blend 1/2 of jar black bean-1/4 to 1/2 beer, onion and honey, large blender or straight sided bowl for emersion blending blend until puréed.
- 2You may have to add additional beer as you purée.
- 3Pour blended mixture into bowl add other half of Black bean sauce stir In two 9 x 13 x 1&1/2 place all frozen chicken thighs, one layer, they should not be touching each other.
- 4pour 3/4 blended mixture over frozen chicken.
- 5flip chicken over to coat both sides.
- 6pour remainder mixture over chicken.
- 7Place uncovered in preheated 295 oven center rack for one hour.
- 8note make sure you have room for hot air to circulate around both pans in oven.
- 9Place carefully so air circulates and chicken pieces are not touching each other.
- 10after one hour remove from oven increase oven temp to 375 flip over chicken spooning liquid mixture over chicken depending on moisture content (you may have alot of liquid or not much) baste upon remaining liquid either pour diced tomatoes directly from can directly on chicken or strain can first to remove water.
- 11save this liquid (if any) to be added to sauce later diced tomatoes are to give color to top of chicken and adding the moisture is optional if needed, use your judgment return to 375 oven bake additional 30-45 min you will need to stand guard around the oven the first time you do this recipe.
- 12each oven and chicken piece sizes will effect moisture and doneness.
- 13add required baking minutes and liquid to the doneness you like.
- 14IF you have a Meat thermometer use recommended internal chicken temp.
- 15You will see that the chicken will get a tan glazed look from black bean contrasted with the red tomatoes.
- 16Remove from oven when done place hot liquid from oven pans in clear bowl emersion blend let sauce mixture let stand cool slightly remove any liquid fat serve chicken over angel hair pasta, or rice or by itself.
- 17Use sauce at table if you like or pour part over chicken on serving platter serves 7-9 people I have teenagers their portion size varies.
- 18this is great to take to gatherings when I do this I put a layer of cooked rice then chicken and then pour over portion of sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boneless Tex-Mex Black Bean Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.4
- Calories from Fat 534
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 326.8 mg
- Sodium 461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 67.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean garlic sauce