Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from Chili's restaurant...we really like it..
GINGER CITRUS SAUCE
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup hidden valley ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
WASABI RANCH DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- oil (for frying)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F -- dip each chicken piece into egg mixture, then into breading, repeat till each is double coated --.
- When all pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- As chicken is resting, make ginger, citrus sauce by dissolving cornstarch in water.into medium pan along with rest of sauce ingredients --.
- Bring mix to boil, when bubbly, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool -- make wasabi-ranch dressing by whisking ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill till wings are done.
- Fry chicken 5-6 minutes or browned.
- Remove to draining rack , place pieces in covered containers such as a large jar with lid.
- Pour the ginger citrus sauce over.cover and then gently shake everything around till each pc is coated with sauce.
- Pour onto plate and serve with wasabi ranch dressing on the side.