1 hr 10 mins
adapted from Chili's restaurant...we really like it..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
GINGER CITRUS SAUCE
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup hidden valley ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
WASABI RANCH DRESSING
- 1Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in small bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°F -- dip each chicken piece into egg mixture, then into breading, repeat till each is double coated --.
- 3When all pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- 4As chicken is resting, make ginger, citrus sauce by dissolving cornstarch in water.into medium pan along with rest of sauce ingredients --.
- 5Bring mix to boil, when bubbly, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or thick.
- 6Remove from heat and let cool -- make wasabi-ranch dressing by whisking ingredients in a small bowl.
- 7Cover and chill till wings are done.
- 8Fry chicken 5-6 minutes or browned.
- 9Remove to draining rack , place pieces in covered containers such as a large jar with lid.
- 10Pour the ginger citrus sauce over.cover and then gently shake everything around till each pc is coated with sauce.
- 11Pour onto plate and serve with wasabi ranch dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boneless Shanghai Wings
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 1528.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets