Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from Chili's restaurant...we really like it..
Make and share this Boneless Shanghai Wings recipe from Food.com.
GINGER CITRUS SAUCE
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup hidden valley ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
WASABI RANCH DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- oil (for frying)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F -- dip each chicken piece into egg mixture, then into breading, repeat till each is double coated --.
- When all pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- As chicken is resting, make ginger, citrus sauce by dissolving cornstarch in water.into medium pan along with rest of sauce ingredients --.
- Bring mix to boil, when bubbly, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or thick.
- Remove from heat and let cool -- make wasabi-ranch dressing by whisking ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill till wings are done.
- Fry chicken 5-6 minutes or browned.
- Remove to draining rack , place pieces in covered containers such as a large jar with lid.
- Pour the ginger citrus sauce over.cover and then gently shake everything around till each pc is coated with sauce.
- Pour onto plate and serve with wasabi ranch dressing on the side.