Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Everyone loves a good roast :P
Top Review by garcia_parks
The meat came out perfect, using a thermometer was key. We cooked our almost 3 boneless rib roast until 120 degrees, let sit while making the gravy. We didn't find anything interesting in the gravy, but the meat directions were 5 star. I'll be making this again.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless beef rib roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the roast, fat side up, on the rack in a shallow roasting pan. Generously rub the meat with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 F and roast for 20 minutes per pound, 1 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should be about 120 F and medium will be about 135°F.
- Remove the roast from the oven and let stand, covered loosely with aluminum foil, while making the gravy. Strain the pan drippings into a medium saucepan. Skim two-thirds of the fat off the top and discard.
- Whisk the flour into the drippings until smooth. Cook on medium heat until thickened. Stir in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve the roast and serve the gravy with the sliced meat.