Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
Make and share this Boneless Pork Chops With Spicy Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pork chops, boneless
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic, salt, oregano, cumin and pepper. Rub the mixture evenly over the pork chops. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Broil pork chops for 5-6 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Or you could also bake the chops at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till done. Serve immediately, with 2 wedges of lime for each chop.
These were real good! I doubled recipe as I had 8 pork chops, I think I shall make extra next time to coat the chops more heavily. I also squeezed the juice of half a lime into the rub as another reviewer did, will use a whole lime next time, will add maybe a dash or two of cayenne and/or Ginger next time too. I washed and dried the chops, then rubbed them all over with the mix, covered and refrigerated for maybe an hour until I was ready to cook them. I think they'd benefit from being in the fridge longer, maybe even overnight. I seared them 2 minutes each side (they were one inch thick) and placed in a glass 13 x 9 dish, then added a little water to the bits left in the pan and drizzles over the chops, then covered tightly with foil and baked at 350 for 35-40 mins. I let them rest, keeping them covered, for about half an hour until the rest of the meal was done. They were PERFECT and tender, just think that rub needs a little somethingl. By the way, squeezing a little lime on the chops on your plate,,,really adds some zing! Very good! I served with twice baked potatoes and steamed broccoli with parmessan. Very nice meal.
These were so delicious, I made them two days in a row. I put them on the grill, too hot for the oven.
Delicious flavors, and easy to throw together. Will definitely be making this again!