Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pretty quick and quite elegant.
Make and share this Boneless Pork Chops With Sauteed Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (cut 1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons dried thyme leaves or 4 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium golden delicious apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 2 teaspoons hot oil, cook onion until tender. Remove onion to small bowl.
- If using rosemary in place of the thyme, at this point, press one small spring onto one side of each chop. In same skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops 5 minutes, sprinkling with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Turn pork chops; sprinkle with thyme if using in place of rosemary, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer or until pork just loses its pink color throughout. Remove pork chops to four warm dinner plates; keep warm.
- Cut unpeeled apple into 1/4-inch-thick slices. In same skillet in remaining 2 teaspoons hot oil, brown apple slices; sprinkle with sugar. Remove to plates with chops.
- In cup, mix apple juice and cornstarch. Stir apple-juice mixture and onions into skillet, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices.
- Read more: Boneless Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples - Good Housekeeping.